Round 4. Getting through these now but I have changed a couple of the questions, hopefully making the interview a little stronger.
So, who’s the victim this time? … Everyone meet Will from from gap year specialists Gap Daemon. In record time Will has kindly answered my list of travel related questions, so lets see what he had to say …
HI, AND WHO MIGHT YOU BE?
1. Name: Will Peach
2. Age: 25
3. Twitter Handle: @GapDaemon & @myspanishadv
4. URL: www.gapdaemon.com & myspanishadventure.com
5. Home Town: Swindon, Wiltshire, UK
6. Current Location: Cáceres, Spain
7. … Business or pleasure? Both??
8. Tell us a little bit about what you’re up to at the moment. Best bits, worst bits etc.
Hi Neil! I’m currently living and working out in the dry, lonely deserts of Extremadura, Spain, in a quaint little city called Cáceres where I’m hell bent on learning Spanish in the fastest time possible while trying to make a living as a starving, penniless, writer. So far I’ve been kicking it around Extremadura loving the weather, food, people and interesting cities. I recently had the chance to go on a little road trip all the way down to Andalucia, stopping in Sevilla and then at some of the beaches in Huelva. There aren’t many worse bits aside from it sometimes being tough to find vegetarian friendly food in the land where jámon reigns supreme.
LETS TALK TRAVEL
9. First travel experience?
My first travel experience independent of family holiday time would encompass the whole year abroad I spent in Miami, Florida, during a study abroad exchange back when I was a student at the University of Sussex. During the year I had the chance to explore the Florida Keys (I drove all the way from Miami down to Key West), check out New York, kick back in the Bahamas and live it up in Los Angeles for a bit too. The fact that I was based in Miami meant that I was studying in one of the hottest travel destinations on the planet. Miami beach was only a twenty-minute bus ride away from the campus!
10. Future travel plans?
I’ve long had the dream of living and working in South or Central America for a few years. While I’m in Spain for the next year though I intend on seeing as much of the country as I can. I’ve yet to properly explore Madrid so I’m looking to make it out there next month. I’m also hoping to check out Barcelona and San Sebastian before the years out.
11. If you could go anywhere tomorrow where would it be and why?
I’d probably pip for a place I haven’t been and say Peru or Bolivia. I’d absolutely love to see Machu Picchu as well as drive along death road. I’d also love to check out Havana, Cuba too. It’s all about Latin America for me.
12. If you could avoid going anywhere tomorrow where would it be and why?
That’s a tough one. I’m lucky to have not had many horrendous times travelling and am pretty much open to anywhere. If I was forced into a corner I’d probably say somewhere in the UK, like any of the M4 corridor towns based around my hometown of Swindon. Dull as hell.
13. What 5 items would you not go travelling without?
You wouldn’t be able to separate me from either my MacBook or iPhone, there’s just no compromise. I’d probably cling desperately on to a pair of underwear and trousers too. There’s modesty and then there’s modesty. I wouldn’t wish that view on anyone. I wouldn’t need much else. I’m low maintenance me.
14. Best bit of advice you’ve received?
That waking up early is the key to productivity. In starting the day well and hitting your most important task first the rest of the day is a synch.
That seeing a Bangkok sex show is a definitive must for anytime first time Thai traveller. Especially ones that involve snakes.
16. Best bit of advice you can give readers of this piece?
Talk to strangers, quit your job and try and follow your dreams.
17. Favourite ice cream flavour?
Vanilla all the way. I won’t stand for anything else. And fuck you to those who say that your choice of ice cream flavour as any kind of gauge on how interesting you are as a person. Nonsense. But then I would say that wouldn’t I?
18. Curry or Chinese?
Curry. Much more friendly for the vegetarian.
19. Apple or Andriod?
Apple all the way. I’m not against Android by any means I’ve just simply never had anything that uses that platform. Steve, god rest his soul, and his iArmy are still rocking it for me.
20. Blogger or WordPress?
WordPress. Is there really any need to ask?
21. Favourite Pizza?
Jesus I’m boring. Four cheeses.
22. Hostel or hotel?
Depends on who you’re sharing with right? If I’ve got a lovely lady at my side the stars are enough for me.
23. Airplane seat – isle, centre or window?
I resent people who have to pick specific seats. I’m one of those who sit down, crack open a book and get on with it. People should probably try to avoid sitting next to me though. I have an unhealthy habit of falling asleep and drooling on people.
24. What song/album are you listening to right now?
Sufjan Stevens, The Age of Adz. Hip to the ster.
25. Thank you for answering my questions, as a gesture of thanks I allow you one whole paragraph to shameless plug of your website …
Will Peach is one of the site editors over at Gap Daemon, the gap year travel community website for backpackers and gap year travellers.
Want to be next?
- No more than 3 backlinks in your piece (not including the questions 3 and 4, you get those for free).
- Once published on my site, the interview must then be linked somewhere on your own site.
- Once published on my site, you should visit and ‘like’ my facebook page.
- I reserve the right remove any answers or links that I deem unsuitable for my site.