I wish I had a cool surname. Mine is a place when hay and farm animals are kept, pretty unexciting. In a time where the word ‘badman’ seems to be thrown around as if its a good thing, to have someone be interviewed on my site with then surname Goodman is undoubtedly cool. Greg has kindly agreed to become my latest TBI victim (TBI does sound like a disease doesnt it, bit of an oversight on my part there). An awesome photography and jolly nice fella to boot, wont you please take a read through Greg’s interview answers and learn about what he’s been up to and what plans he has planned for the future. You might just learn a thing or two. There’s a good chap/chapette
HI, AND WHO MIGHT YOU BE?
1. Name? Greg Goodman
2. Age? 31
3. Twitter Handle? @greggoodman
5. Home Town? Roosevelt Island, New York City
6. Current Location? Chiang Mai, Thailand
7. … Business or pleasure? A little of column A; lots of column B
8. Tell us a little bit about what you’re up to at the moment. Best bits, worst bits etc.
It’s funny how plans change. My wife Carrie and I started the year with a return to India and plans of heading to South America or somewhere new after that. A Thai Massage course in Chiang Mai sent us back to Thailand, where we had previously backpacked in 2009. It was just supposed to be for a few weeks.
Now, nearly two months later, we’ve rented a house and are spending our time working on our passion projects. There’s no pressure to get a 9-5 or sign up for an extend contract of any kind: just two people living their life in the now. It’s a pretty amazing feeling.
LETS TALK TRAVEL
9. First travel experience? A tour of Europe with my parents at the influential and inspirational age of 4.
10. Future travel plans? The rest of the world.
11. If you could go anywhere tomorrow where would it be and why? Do I get a time machine? If so, I would drive America’s Route 66 in its heyday of the 1940s and 1950s.
12. If you could avoid going anywhere tomorrow where would it be and why? Back to a job that I hate. 13. What 5 items would you not go travelling without? My camera. Suntan lotion. A New York Mets baseball cap (I start each trip with a new one and see how faded it becomes by the end). A laptop for editing photos and writing. An open mind.
14. Best bit of advice you’ve received? Enjoy your life. You only get one.
15. Worst? It’s time to go home.
16. Best bit of advice you can give readers of this piece? Don’t ever say “I’ll just come back later to get the photograph. While traveling, later is usually spend doing something else.”
17. Favourite ice cream flavour? Cookies & Cream
18. Apple or Andriod? Android. I’m an artist and I prefer PC over Apple in every way possible. They both can do the exact same thing!
19. Blogger or WordPress? WordPress.
20. Hostel or hotel? Guesthouse.
21. Guilty pleasure? Sleeping in.
22. Your chosen super-power? Not getting frustrated while traveling.
23. Airplane seat – isle, centre or window? Right window for optimal head-resting while sleeping.
24. What song/album are you listening to right now? Midnight in Paris soundtrack
25. Thank you for answering my questions, as a gesture of thanks I allow you one whole paragraph to shameless plug of your website …
Adventures of a GoodMan is a virtual trip around the world featuring vibrant photography, storytelling and multimedia from my travels. It’s also the home of my latest work: the Symmetry Project.
A lifetime of wanderlust has helped me realize that regardless of how far you are from home, all people have the same core needs: eating, shelter, transportation, and employment, for example. These needs might look different on the other side of the world, but the underlying concept is still the same. The Symmetry Project fuses traditional photography and digital art to explore these global commonalities.
WANT TO BE NEXT?
- No more than 3 backlinks in your piece (not including the questions 3 and 4, you get those for free).
- Once published on my site, the interview must then be linked somewhere on your own site.
- Once published on my site, you should visit and ‘like’ my facebook page. (shameless i know)
- I reserve the right remove any answers or links that I deem unsuitable for my site.