Finally I got him, after having sent his answers a month ago, and me not recieving them, Jim aka @thetripologist now finally (after another failed attempt, stupid hotmail) has his TBI up and online, high 5’s all round. Here’s what Jim had to say, enjoy …
- Name: Jim Cheney
- Age: 29, but 31 in Korean age. Yes, they calculate your age differently here.
- Twitter Handle: @TheTripologist
- URL: www.Tripologist.com
- Home Town: Baltimore, Maryland, USA
- Current Location: Seoul, South Korea
- … Business or pleasure? Business
- Tell us a little bit about what you’re up to at the moment. Best bits, worst bits etc.
Currently, I’m teaching English at a private school just outside of Seoul, South Korea. I’ve been here for two years and have really enjoyed my time in the country. I started my blog, Tripologist.com, because I wanted a way to both document my travels and help others follow along. I’m a big proponent of independent travel, and I believe that everyone can do it with just a little help.
LETS TALK TRAVEL
9. First travel experience?
Traveling to Canada to see Prince Edward Island with my family
10. Future travel plans?
Heading out in early March on a 6-month trip to South-East Asia, China, Mongolia, Russia, and Turkey.
11. If you could go anywhere tomorrow where would it be and why?
I’ve been really intrigued recently by Petra in Jordan. I’m not sure if I’ll make it there later this year or not, so I think it would be number one on my list if I was leaving for a trip today.
12. If you could avoid going anywhere tomorrow where would it be and why?
Of all the places I’ve ever visited, the only place I can ever recall thinking I didn’t want to go back was Detroit, Michigan. So I guess I’ll have to go with that.
13. What 5 items would you not go travelling without?
- iPod Touch
- A camera
- … and pants (It would just be awkward otherwise.)
14. Best bit of advice you’ve received?
“Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it” – Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
“But it’s dangerous there. I heard on tv about someone who got kidnapped there five years ago.” – From my parents, who are normally very supportive.
16. Best bit of advice you can give readers of this piece?
Go. Just go. There will never be a perfect time to travel. The world is an amazing place, and you will never regret seeing all of the wonderful things around you.
17. Favourite ice cream flavour? Chocolate Peanut Butter
18. Apple or Andriod? I’ve drunk the Apple kool-aid.
19. Blogger or WordPress? WordPress
20. Hostel or hotel? A private room in a hostel. The best of both worlds.
21. Guilty pleasure? The TV show Glee and Korean pop music (It’s just so darn catchy.)
22. Your chosen super-power? Teleportation would be pretty cool since I hate flying.
23. Airplane seat – isle, centre or window? Isle, I’m too tall to fit anywhere else.
24. What song/album are you listening to right now? I’ve been listening to a lot of old Smashing Pumpkins lately.
25. Thank you for answering my questions, as a gesture of thanks I allow you one whole paragraph to shameless plug of your website …
Tripologist.com is a blog designed to help you travel the world independently and on a budget, with a special focus on South Korea and the rest of Asia. I hope that I can inspire you to get out of your comfort zone and travel. You can follow us on the Twitter handle above or at Facebook.com/Tripologist.
WANT TO BE NEXT?
- No more than 3 backlinks in your piece (not including the questions 3 and 4, you get those for free).
- Once published on my site, the interview must then be linked somewhere on your own site.
- Once published on my site, you should visit and ‘like’ my facebook page. (shameless i know)
- I reserve the right remove any answers or links that I deem unsuitable for my site.