I thought this feature might have run out of steam in 2013, but here we are again, another week and another awesome travel blogger. Noted for her iphoneography, this weeks interviewee is someone who’s instagram account I like to keep a keen eye on, but photography is not the only string to her bow. Read on to find out about her love of travel and all things tech.
HI, AND WHO MIGHT YOU BE?
2. Age? 21
3. Travel Blog? Barefoot Beach Blonde
4. Twitter Handle? @BarefootBeachB
5. Home Town? Darwin, Australia
6. Current Location? Sydney Australia
7. Your current location, business or pleasure? Always a bit of both! I run wild during the day, and blog at night.
8. Can you tell us a little bit about what you’re up to at the moment? Best bits, worst bits etc.
Right now I’m kicking back in Darwin for a few months to beef up the bank account for a six-month jaunt to wonderful South East Asia! Before that I was living on one of Australia’s hidden treasures, the wonderful Great Keppel Island where I was working for Hostelzoo (a hostel comparison website) and working in an island hostel.
LETS TALK TRAVEL
9. First travel experience?
I took my first steps in Bali, Indonesia a month or two before my first birthday. Bali was also where I lived for four years, and the setting for my first solo adventure, so those first steps set the scene!
10. Future travel plans?
I’ve got some extended South East Asia travel in the next few months, but at the moment I’m pausing in Darwin, Australia to get some more money in my bank account! Beyond that? Your guess is as good as mine, but it’s definitely happening!
11. If you could go anywhere tomorrow where would it be and why?
Probably India. I love everything about India, all the colours and the amazing culture. I think as a photographer it would be an incredible place to just immerse yourself in.
12. If you could avoid going anywhere tomorrow where would it be and why?
I don’t know if there’s anywhere I really want to avoid going. Travel to anywhere still holds the possibility of adventure!
13. What 5 items would you not go travelling without?
-although corny, sense of adventure (see, it’s not all tech stuff!)
14. Best bit of advice you’ve received?
This is relevant to me now that I make a little living from travelling: If you love what you do you’ll never work a day in your life.
15. Worst advice?
Travel is just for holidays, you can’t do it all the time.
16. Best bit of advice you can give readers of this interview?
Figure out what it is that makes you happy, and then do as much of that as you can. It doesn’t matter what people say about your happy thing, as long as it makes you happy.
17. Favourite ice cream flavour? Dark Chocolate and Chilli (so ridiculously delicious)
18. Apple or Andriod? Apple all the way.
19. Blogger or WordPress? WordPress!
20. Hostel or hotel? Always hostels! That’s where all the fun happens ;)
21. Guilty pleasure? Sitting down and devouring chocolate goodies. Can’t help myself sometimes.
22. Your chosen super-power? Teleportation (save a fortune on airfares)
23. Airplane seat – aisle, centre or window? Window
24. What song/album are you listening to right now? A busker in Sydney gave me his CD recently, so I’ve been chilling with that in the background. It’s a Spanish/classical guitar blend. Bliss!
25. Thank you for answering my questions, as a gesture of thanks I allow you one whole paragraph to shameless plug of your website …
Sweet! Well I started Barefoot Beach Blonde after meeting another travel blogger during a trip to Indonesia and realising that I would be totally wicked at it! I was already a writer and a tech head, so everything kinda flowed. The site has a little bit of everything, from useful stuff like advice and reviews, to photography and my own adventures. In the next year or so I have some ridiculously fantastic plans, which may eventuate into awesomeness or totally unbelievable awesomeness, so definitely check it out. Oh, and I’m on that book of faces thing too http://www.facebook.com/barefootbeachblonde