I haven’t interviewed too many people on this site that have written their own book, but thats exactly what this weeks interviewee has done, first spending countless days on the road and exploring the world and the no doubt spending further countless days penning said book entitled ‘This is Thailand’ – A story of love, sex, and betrayal in the tropics. The second Polish interviewee in two weeks, I’m starting to wondering if they have something in the water which stirs a persons creative writing skills. Anyway, here’s a few words from the travel blogger in question …
HI, AND WHO MIGHT YOU BE?
1. Name: Marek Lenarcik
2. Age: 31
3. Travel Blog: www.lifeinthetropics.org
4. Twitter Handle: @Marek_Lenarcik
5. Home Town: Warsaw, Poland
6. Current Location: Australia, east coast
7. Your current location, business or pleasure? Business.
8. Can you tell us a little bit about what you’re up to at the moment? Best bits, worst bits etc.
I went for a well-deserved and longly awaited holidays in Australia. The best is exploring this magnificent country and continent without any particular plan or too much preparations. The worst is getting stuck in Cairns waiting for the weather to clear to do some scuba-diving on the Great Barrier Reef. I am not moving from here without at least a few descends!
LETS TALK TRAVEL
9. First travel experience?
My parents took me to Bulgaria when I was 5 I went for an organized tour of France and Italy when I was 12 and 13 respectively. First really independent travels would be probably Thailand, Iran, and USA when I was 20-something.
10. Future travel plans?
Hong Kong (if you live in Burma you long for civilized places!), Japan, and Mexico for business.
11. If you could go anywhere tomorrow where would it be and why?
The Great Barrier Reef off the Queensland’s coast. That’s the reason why I flew here from Sydney!
12. If you could avoid going anywhere tomorrow where would it be and why?
Europe. I find it boring.
13. What 5 items would you not go travelling without?
Passport, cash… everything else you can buy really, but since you want 5, I’d go for some kind of shoes/slippers, trousers and shirt.
14. Best bit of advice you’ve received?
To live in the presence, because the future is to uncertain to be worried about.
15. Worst advice?
That Manta in Ecuador is muy bonita and that I absolutely have to see Caribbean coast of Colombia around Santa Marta. I’ve seen many better beaches.
16. Best bit of advice you can give readers of this interview?
Don’t listen to anyone who tries to advise. Their perspective might be radically different than yours.
17. Favourite ice cream flavour? Chocolate
18. Apple or Andriod? Apple
19. Blogger or WordPress? Own site based on WordPress
20. Hostel or hotel? Hotel
21. Guilty pleasure? Exotic women
22. Your chosen super-power? Being like the main character from the “Limitless” movie
23. Airplane seat – aisle, centre or window? Window on short flights, aisle on long. Never centre.
24. What song/album are you listening to right now? It’s quiet in the room, but I listened to a lot of AC/DC (since I am in Australia!) today in the car.
25. Thank you for answering my questions, as a gesture of thanks I allow you one whole paragraph to shameless plug of your blog …
Life in the Tropics is my personal website as of the author of “This is Thailand: A story of love, sex, and betrayal in the tropics”. The mission of Life in the Tropics is to inspire people to live unconventional lifestyles, make their own choices, and be happy. The writing you’ll find there offers travel stories from all continents, relocation experiences, and unconventional ideas for remarkable people like you. I write through personal experiences, including both failures and successes.