Ding ding, seconds out, round 2. Everyone meet Jerick from 25travels.com. Jerick has kindly agreed to be a part of my Travel Blogger Interview series where I get to meet and question a few fellow (cool) travel bloggers and try learn a few things from them and their experiences. He’re what Jerick has to say …
Hi, and who are you?
1. Name: Jerick Parrone
2. Age: 24
3. Twitter Handle: @25travels
4. URL: http://www.25travels.com
5. Home Town: Quezon City, Philippines
6. Current Location: Home in Quezon City, Philippines
7. … Business or pleasure?
Both – working fulltime from home as a junior account manager for a Brussels-based online marketing agency (the business part) and at the same time, travelling on weekends and hanging out with friends & family in the Philippines (pleasure part)
8. Tell us a little bit about what you’re up to at the moment. Best bits, worst bits etc.
I’m waiting for my work permit for Belgium so I can move back to Europe, hopefully I’ll get it this month. I can’t make any real travel plans now because of it as I don’t know where I’ll be in the next 2 months. Though, I’m still working on my blog, putting good content and also planning out my goal to travel to 25 countries, I still have 4 more countries to go and my next trip will be to Thailand in November!
LETS TALK TRAVEL
9. First travel experience?
First international travel experience was to the US with my family when I was 14. Got to tour around the country – California, New York, Texas, Washington DC & Florida. It was great experience – I got to do many firsts on that trip! My favourite place we visited was New York, San Francisco and Disneyland! I also got to see Ground Zero, a few months after the September 11 attacks.
10. Future travel plans?
I’m hoping to finish my 25-country goal this year – I’m travelling to Thailand for a week on November, then a flight booking to China on January (not sure if I can go or not) I hope to come back to Europe too this year if all works well with my working permit.
11. If you could go anywhere tomorrow where would it be and why?
I’ve been looking forward to a beach break recently – so definitely Maldives or to any Caribbean country. Also, Won’t mind going on one of our islands here in the Philippines for this.
12. If you could avoid going anywhere tomorrow where would it be and why?
Online. I’ve been looking for a break from work and being online, a few days with just a book and beer would be perfect!
13. What 5 items would you not go travelling without?
Outside of the necessities of course (passport, clothes, shoes, toiletries), here’s my list:
1. A good book
2. Any mobile phone (for my friend’s & family’s relief that they know where I am)
3. Ipod – for long bus journeys
4. Umbrella – you’ll never know when it’ll will rain
5. Good locks – especially when staying at hostel
14. Best bit of advice you’ve received?
A friend introduced me to this inspiring quote from Mark Twain, and I’ve lived my life with it everyday! “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do”.
Travelwise? That I should buy the same camera model again and again. I’ve lost 5 cameras in 2009 (dropped in the water, lost at the airport, got stolen), 3 cameras of the same models. It’s a Canon camera FYI and I think I’ve been jinxed when I’m using it.
16. Best bit of advice you can give readers of this piece?
Seize the moment and travel. I can’t say that enough. There’s more to get if you travel and see the world, experience new cultures and meet new people than spending it on material possessions. You’ll be more happy when you see something new or experience something different than let’s say buying new clothes or gadgets. So save up – and plan your next travel.
17. Favourite ice cream flavour? Ube (purple yam) – I think it’s only found in the Philippines. Outside of that, I’d say strawberry ice cream.
18. Curry or Chinese? Chinese – can’t go wrong with dimsum & fried rice!
19. Apple or Android? Microsoft Windows Phone 7 (biased), between both? Android then.
20. Blogger or WordPress? WordPress
21. Favourite Pizza? 4-cheeses pizza
22. Hostel or hotel? Hostel
23. You know you’ve worn it so wash it, or it smells ok so wear it? Smells okay so wear it (depending on the circumstances though)
24. I know I shouldn’t do that but I’m going to do it anyway, or I know I shouldn’t do that so I won’t? DO IT! I know I shouldn’t do that but I’m going to do it anyway
25. Thank you for answering my questions, as a gesture of thanks I allow you one whole paragraph to shameless plug of your website …
I’m Jerick from 25travels.com. I blog about my goal to travel to 25 countries before I turn 25. I also write travel tips, destination guides and travel inspiration for fellow travellers or to anyone who have yet to take the first travel step! You can follow my adventures by liking my 25travels facebook page, following me on twitter @25travels or by subscribing to my 25 travels RSS feed.
Want to be next?
- No more than 3 backlinks in your piece (not including the questions 3 and 4, you get those for free).
- Once published on my site, the interview must then be linked somewhere on your own site.
- Once published on my site, you should visit and ‘like’ my facebook page.
- I reserve the right remove any answers or links that I deem unsuitable for my site.