Fresh from a wee (see what i did there, wee … scotland … never mind) trip around Australia, Emma from emmastraveltales.com was nice enough to pen a few answers to my usual bunch of interview questions about travel inspiration and futures plans. To be fair she did owe me after an eventful night in Covent Garden ended with me trying desperately to find Emma’s hotel for her whilst not missing the last train home myself. A story for another time maybe. In the mean time, I think you should read Emma’s interview …
- Name: Emma Gray
- Age: 22
- Twitter Handle: @scottishemma123
- URL: http://www.emmastraveltales.co.uk
- Home Town: Glasgow, Scotland
- Current Location: Western Australia
- … Business or pleasure? Pleasure!
- Tell us a little bit about what you’re up to at the moment. Best bits, worst bits etc.
I’m just home from a trip to Australia. I visited Melbourne, Sydney and Perth while I was there. It was an amazing trip. In less than 2 weeks I’m heading on a Mediterranean cruise. When I get home from that I’ll (hopefully!) be graduating from the University of Glasgow with a degree in English Literature.
LETS TALK TRAVEL
9. First travel experience?
I was on a plane before I could walk! My parents took me on my first holiday when I was about 6 months old and I haven’t looked back since.
10. Future travel plans?
After my Mediterranean cruise I’m going to Rimini, Italy, as part of the BlogVille initiative. After that, who knows!
11. If you could go anywhere tomorrow where would it be and why?
Well, I’m really looking forward to the cruising around the Med. If I could go absolutely anywhere though it would probably be India. I’m dying to go to India.
12. If you could avoid going anywhere tomorrow where would it be and why?
Nowhere that I can think of.
13. What 5 items would you not go travelling without?
iPhone, kindle, camera, money, passport.
14. Best bit of advice you’ve received?
It’s not really advice that I’ve received as such, but I pretty much live by the ‘you only live once’ motto. I always remind myself of it when I need to make decisions etc.
Someone told me Venice wasn’t worth seeing, and it was dirty and smelly. I’m glad I went and checked it out for myself- it’s one of my favourite places.
16. Best bit of advice you can give readers of this piece?
Just get out there and start travelling. Don’t let anything hold you back. Don’t make excuses, just go for it. You won’t regret it.
17. Favourite ice cream flavour? Coconut, yummy!
18. Apple or Andriod? Apple. I’m a recent convert!
19. Blogger or WordPress? WordPress. My blog used to be on blogger and it was a bit of a nightmare. It’s been so much easier since I moved to WordPress.
20. Hostel or hotel? Hotel, definitely. I’m not a hostel sort of girl!
21. Guilty pleasure? Erm…I have some interesting music choices. Got quite a few Disney tunes on my iPod!
22. Your chosen super-power? Invisibilty. So. Much. Fun.
23. Airplane seat – isle, centre or window? Window. I like to put on music and get lost in my thoughts while gazing out the window at the clouds.
24. What song/album are you listening to right now? Bruce Springsteen. Legend.
25. Thank you for answering my questions, as a gesture of thanks I allow you one whole paragraph to shameless plug of your website …
My blog, Emma’s Travel Tales is where I share stories, advice and tips from my travels. It’s not a blog about backpacking, I prefer more mid-range options price wise and my blog reflects this. I’m always happy to pay extra for a little bit of luxury! I like to tell my readers the things I wish I’d known about places before I visited. Why not check it out!
WANT TO BE NEXT?
- No more than 3 backlinks in your piece (not including the questions 3 and 4, you get those for free).
- Once published on my site, the interview must then be linked somewhere on your own site.
- Once published on my site, you should visit and ‘like’ my facebook page. (shameless i know)
- I reserve the right remove any answers or links that I deem unsuitable for my site.