So for the first interview of 2012 we’re going to kick off with something a little different. Everyone meet Max, he’s not a travel blogger as such, he’s the fella who provides the bunks you sleep your way around the world in. He’s also the man I shall be pitching my ultimate bunkbed design to … hint hint Max.
- Name: Max Letek- Director
- Age: 26
- Twitter Handle: @Best_Bunk_Beds
- URL: www.bestbunkbeds.co.uk
- Home Town: London
- Current Location: London
- … Business or pleasure? Mostly Business but in a pleasurable way.
- Tell us a little bit about what you’re up to at the moment. Best bits, worst bits etc.
We’ve just finished developing our new range of contract bunk beds. The idea was to design a range of bunks that would be practically indestructible. We developed the solid steel Morpheus Bunk beds as an improvement on our previous models. The Morpheus range has already proved very successful and we have secured big orders for hostels, the MOD, Outdoor Centres and many more! As new manufacturing company it’s great to be growing and developing exiting products, 2012 promises to be good year for us!
LETS TALK TRAVEL
9. First travel experience?
I was born in France and my first holiday memories was coming over on the ferry to England to visiting my Grandparents in the North. It’s an old mining town there and back then most houses still used coal for heating. I loved that distinctive smell of coal fire that engulfed the whole place.
10. Future travel plans?
Our next trip is to Dublin for the Hostel World awards and the HOscar’s. It’s our first trip to the conference so we’re very excited. Dublin is a great city full of life!
11. If you could go anywhere tomorrow where would it be and why?
So many places to choose from!…. Jordan is looking particular appealing at the moment. I would love to get a camel and trek through the desert to the lost city of Petra. Don’t tell everyone but Easyjet have a route there now so it’s no longer that expensive to go there.
12. If you could avoid going anywhere tomorrow where would it be and why?
13. What 5 items would you not go travelling without?
My SLR camera, a travel diary ( it’s amazing how much you forget and writing little details down make a good read a few years after!), my mobile , a compass and a toothbrush.
14. Best bit of advice you’ve received?
Plato said ‘You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in year of conversation’ so the advice I like here is to play more and talk less!
The best things come to those who wait. Action for me makes things happen.
16. Best bit of advice you can give readers of this piece?
Don’t believe everything your read.
17. Favourite ice cream flavour? Pralines, but most flavours will do me fine!
18. Apple or Andriod? Robot over Fruit.
19. Blogger or WordPress? WordPress is better, but I’m still trying to get my head to understand it.
20. Hostel or hotel? Hostels- better vibes, more fun and better people!
21. Guilty pleasure? Mmmm… so many… but smoking is the one at the moment.
22. Your chosen super-power? Light-Speed-Multi-tasking
23. Airplane seat – isle, centre or window? Window! I love watching how everything looks tiny and the never ending clouds for above!
24. What song/album are you listening to right now? My partner woke me up with the visit Australia advert theme tune the other morning, it goes like this… ‘ Austraaaliaaa, Austraaaliaaa, there’s nothing like, Austraaaliaaa!.’ It been stuck in my head ever since!
25. Thank you for answering my questions, as a gesture of thanks I allow you one whole paragraph to shameless plug of your website …
Best Bunk Beds provides the very best metal contract furniture and accessories for hostels, MOD, Outdoor centres, schools, oil rig and more! Manufactured in the UK to the highest standards we have built an impressive reputation in very short time. Visit us for bunk beds, single and double beds, lockers and more!
WANT TO BE NEXT?
- No more than 3 backlinks in your piece (not including the questions 3 and 4, you get those for free).
- Once published on my site, the interview must then be linked somewhere on your own site.
- Once published on my site, you should visit and ‘like’ my facebook page. (shameless i know)
- I reserve the right remove any answers or links that I deem unsuitable for my site.